Trees of Madras Christian College Cut : I WOOD Rather Die

Cassuarina equisitifolia

Yes. I was with the woods and always WOOD like to be. The Tree Chopping Spree has taken me down, as it is not just about Madras Christian College. I was born and brought in a place were things are green and I have so much of love for them. My family and myself have always planted trees, grown vegetables and so many things to mention with nature.

After 7 years of college, out of the blue moon, I hear trees are cut down. But Why ? I felt home when I saw those woods. Loved to wander with them. And now you are taking them in bunches and some times one by one.

What is the necessity that these life forms have to be cut. If you say, it is just the solar panels and for the economic development of the college and for the welfare of the students, then we are not here to believe it.  The tree which was cut recently was said to be cut because it hindered sunlight to the solar panels.

Just wanted to ask, is it the only the reason that the tree was cut. So the engineering must be poorly planned or it must be an alibi to cut the trees. The installation would have rigorous process and they would have known that the tree would sure hinder the solar panels. They WOOD have installed in a place where the sunlight is open. But still why was it installed there ?

Only a bunch of current students are protesting against the management. A whole lot of alumni is against the felling of the trees.  Hope things will fall into places.

Being a part of the groups, Save The Woods! Save MCC! I would like to register my condemn on behalf of a nature lover.


Note: Also thanks to those lovely people who are still supporting the trees. 


Join the group : Save The Trees Save MCC, Facebook Page

Also read: 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.